2014年6月23日星期一

Get The Look - Spring/Summer Makeup

GET THE LOOK:
For Tadashi Shoji’s Spring/Summer 2014 Lookbook, I had the pleasure of re-creating the runway look from New York Fashion Week on model Kelly Kopen. My inspiration for the look was the faded frescos of Italy, so it was very important to find the perfect balance of high fashion, fresh beauty, and muted pastels. I think we found this by giving the hair an “undone” feeling, keeping the skin glowing, and never applying any color heavier than just a gentle sweep. 
1. To prep the skin, I kept Kopen’s youthful skin dewy and radiant by lightly applying Marula Oil all over her face--giving it ample time to absorb before moving on to my next step.
2. Then I applied a light primer using only my fingers to make the foundation last longer and keep it from being absorbed into the skin. 
3. Skin was coated in MAC Cosmetics Face + Body Foundation using a brush and Dior Loose Powder 001 was applied sparingly, only in the t-zone and on the sides of the nose. Had I applied too much powder, the skin would become matte and lose some of its radiance.
4. I kept the eyeshadow the same from the runway show, giving the lid a light wash of color using MAC Pro Longwear Eye Shadow in ‘Uninterrupted’ using a light fluffy blending brush from Sigma
5. Cheeks & lips were tinted in the same color of Stila Convertible Color: Gerbera, a rosy pinky peach.

STELLA'S SUMMER MAKEUP TIPS:
Protect your beautiful face and make sure you wear SPF–you can find makeup primers that have up to SPF 50. Remember, no one is exempt from sun damage and you can always use bronzer to deepen your glow! 
Now let’s talk about trend...my favorite everyday look this summer is Bronzed Skin & Pale Lips with full, natural brows ala Dakota Fanning. It works for not only fair skin like Dakota, but also naturally tan ladies, like me! If your skin is naturally bronze or deeper, trade the bronzer for a glowing highlighter and you’re good to go! A sheer, pale lipstick looks good on everyone. I PROMISE. 
Source article: http://www.tadashishoji.com/blog/get-the-look-spring-summer-makeup

没有评论:

发表评论